Data Engineer, Real-Time Communications
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Software Engineering – Dispatch
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As one of the early engineers on the team, you will make key design decisions that will shape this product. You’ll create and maintain the data integration, management, and analytics platform alongside Axon’s newest public safety technology products. This platform will offer law enforcement administrators and crime analysts flexible access to key crime data, decision support, state and federal crime reports, and criminal investigation insights.
Axon has lead the global effort to protect life and through through electric weapons, body cameras, a number of realtime sensors, public safety software products and AI tools. Axon is uniquely positioned to tie together every aspect of an incident in order to help law enforcement agencies better prepare for what might happen, respond efficiently and effectively, deliver justice, ensure the wellbeing of their officers, and increase the safety of their communities. Working together with our customers and product teams, you will build the foundation for Axon’s outcome-oriented data efforts.
Your Day to Day
- Develop, and maintain Axon’s system integration, data integration, management, and analytics solutions
- Develop and maintain automated APIs and ETL pipelines that support Axon's product development and evolution at scale
- Partner with internal teams and agencies to make public safety data accessible and actionable
- Influence peers, advise senior leaders, coach and mentor junior team members
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers and contribute to the broader community of senior engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, or other quantitative field
- Highly technical with 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining end-to-end, high availability, high throughput web-scale data systems
- Demonstrated strength with ETL development, data warehousing, data modeling, and writing complex, high-optimized queries across large data sets
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, PrestoDB, Zookeeper, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to make tough technical decisions based on requirements, constraints, and trade-offs
- Must maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
- Bachelor Degree in CS, engineering, or other quantitative field
- Experience creating and maintaining containerized web applications and serverless components.
- Experience using or supporting users of statistical programming languages such as Python or R, to deliver results for real-world problems
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.