Failure Analysis Engineer - Electrical
Scottsdale, Arizona /
Operations – Validation /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As a key member of our Failure Analysis (FA) team, you will be essential in performing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on in market product failures and customer returns as well as research and design phase performance issues. We will look to you to help us select, justify and procure the various state of the art test equipment systems needed to perform these analyses in our new FA Lab, as well as coordinate any third-party testing needed. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with Research & Development, as well as other teams, as you set the plan and ensure execution of all testing. Your technical expertise will be key in gathering data to support engineering design changes and corrective actions. You will be working with R&D Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Project Management, and Supply Chain, which will offer you the opportunity to use your effective communication skills across different levels in our dynamic, multidisciplinary team environment.
Your Day to Day
- Work within a multi-discipline team of engineers to develop and execute RCA testing plans
- Leverage experience with a wealth of test equipment to determine equipment needs, write justifications and procure test equipment needed for your discipline
- Assist with engineering design of experiments, performance characterizations and reliability testing
- Maintain a historic database of findings
- Produce professional documentation and reporting of test results to the engineering teams
- Work with external labs to coordinate required testing
- Ensure the failure analysis lab and equipment is maintained and organized
- Maintain 5S Standard for lab organization and management
- Correlate customer usage models of all products with failure modes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with FA/RCA
- Experience with General and Electrical FA tools such as Microscopy (Optical/Electron/Acoustic etc.), X-Sectioning, Material Identification, Force Testing, Radiography, Environmental testing, etc.
- ASQ Certification or experience with Lean Six Sigma
- Experience working with RCA tools such as Fishbone diagrams, Five whys, etc.
- Familiar with test and bug tracking suites and industry standard resources – JIRA, FRACAS, GIDEP, etc.
- Experience with manufacturing and assembly processes
- Experience presenting test plan and analysis findings to stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Labview or related automation technologies
- Excellent skills in MS Office products
- Ability to influence multi-functional organizations
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Generous paid time off policy
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.