Senior Director of Corporate Strategy
Seattle, WA or Scottsdale, AZ /
Accounting & Finance – Corporate Development /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon’s Strategy and Corporate Development team focuses on evaluating and executing acquisitions, strategic investments and partnerships. The team also plays a critical role in formulating the company’s long-term strategic direction as well as in capital and resource allocation decisions. We develop informed positions on big questions that drive the value and long-term competitive advantage of Axon’s business. We are a small but high-impact team and we are currently seeking a Senior Director of Corporate Strategy to be based in either Seattle, WA or Scottsdale, AZ. You will work closely with Axon’s executive team and key product leaders across the company on high impact projects spanning everything from strategic growth initiatives to performing due diligence on partnership, investment and acquisition targets.
Your Day to Day
- Help Axon decide where to deploy its capital and resources to maximize long-term strategic value
- Tackle hard, ambiguous questions with rigor and independence, owning projects from problem definition to final recommendation
- Clearly define the opportunity and risk of Axon’s current and future product, customer, and geographic footprint, helping company leadership to spot trends with impact to the company’s overall strategy and financial objectives
- Evaluate adjacent channels and product categories such as market-sizing and growth trends and competitor dynamics and go-to-market alternatives
- Drive strategic decisions, crisply framing a problem space, potential paths (e.g., buy vs. build vs. partner) and corresponding tradeoffs, enabling Axon to move quickly based on sound and objective analysis
- Lead commercial due diligence for major partnership, investment and acquisition opportunities
- Work with Axon’s leadership team to ensure the company is positioned to execute on its strategy in the near- and long-term
- Build thought leadership on strategic direction and priorities for Axon’s industry peers and competitors
- Take on high degree of ownership, directly framing and influencing Axon’s most strategic decisions with a win right attitude
- Dig deep into the data and drive complex financial analysis, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results
- MBA or equivalent degree from a top tier program
- Minimum of 3 years' post-MBA experience as a management or a strategy consultant at a top tier global firm
- Excelling at hypothesis-driven problem solving and bringing structure to quantitative and qualitative insights
- Experience and ability to quickly grasp software and business technology markets, trends, and dynamics
- Proven track record working well across teams and with external partners to solve challenging problems
- Success in understanding markets, competition, and how to leverage core competencies to create defensible strategies
- Proven experience synthesizing and communicating complex analysis and ideas with ease both verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage, prioritize and advance numerous mission critical projects simultaneously
- High energy with low ego and a “can-do” attitude
- Passion for Axon’s mission and values and enthusiasm to learn and grow with the company
- Experience in a high growth technology company, corporate strategy, corporate development/M&A, and/or product management
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.