Business Solution Architect – Manufacturing
Scottsdale, Arizona /
Accounting & Finance – Business Process /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon’s rapid growth and resulting desire to build for scale has led to the need for a
dynamic manufacturing leader who can lead the effort to implement new process
and technology. Your problem-solving skills, business acumen and technical
expertise will come into play as you find effective ways to bring technology to bear
on our manufacturing processes. You will have the opportunity to help Axon reach
new heights by enabling the organization to effectively and efficiently manufacture
our products by leveraging cutting-edge information technology.
Your Day to Day
- You will design effective business process solutions that support growth, improved user experience and strong quality controls
- You will understand internal user needs to ensure solutions deliver positive outcomes.
- You will partner to solve business problems by eliciting and translating business requirements into technological and process improvement solutions.
- You will develop and communicate the vision and roadmap for manufacturing improvements, determining what functionality is prioritized and implemented.
- You will define program increments, accounting for new features, integrations, architecture improvements and allocations for technical debt.
- You will negotiate and communicate with various stakeholders to ensure organizational alignment on architecture, solutions and approach.
- You will ensure effective organizational change management practices are employed to drive fast and effective adoption of new processes.
- You will manage a portfolio of improvement projects.
- You will lead cross-functional, distributed teams with IT (particularly Enterprise Apps) to deliver solutions that effectively meet the business requirements.
- You will direct all phases of programs from inception through launch to meet all program objectives with your role focused highly on scope and schedule.
- You will identify potential risks and issues; develop mitigations, contingency plans, and recommendations to management; and raises escalations as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- 10+ years of experience with manufacturing processes, extra points for candidates who have implemented MRP or MES
- Successful experience with business process modeling and mapping requirements to technology
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and ability to communicate business impact of design, dependencies and process
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with others, lead actions, and adapt to change
- Ability to work with minimal direction, “think big”, and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology hype
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- High-energy teammate with a positive attitude
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.