Data Engineer, Real-Time Communications
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Software Engineering – Dispatch
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
You'll be part of Data Platform team developed an automated ETL Pipeline for Axon Records and Dispatch that will bring law enforcement administrators and crime analysts flexible access to key crime data, decision making support, state and federal crime reports, and crime investigation support. In your second 6 months, you'll have developed a data warehouse and data catalog that automatically adapts to schema changes and customizations, and weaves in many data sources including jail, courts, evidence, and investigations.
You will solve challenging problems of scale, latency, reliability, and availability. Our team will draw from your experience in these areas and support your continued growth. You will equip public safety professionals at all levels with the information they need to protect life and truth.
Your Day to Day
- Develop and maintain automated ETL pipelines that support Axon's product development and evolution at scale
- Develop and maintain data warehouse and data lake metadata, data catalog, and user documentation
- Develop data objects for business analytics using data modeling techniques
- Partner with internal teams and agencies to make public safety data accessible and actionable
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, AI, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Experience building data warehouse and data lake solutions end-to-end
- Experience with big data pipelines and processing (e.g. MapReduce, Hadoop, Big Query, Hive, Tez, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with real-time streaming event logs (e.g. Kafka, GCP Cloud Pub/Sub, SNS/SQS)
- Openness to collaboration within and across the teams
- Knowledgeable about a variety of strategies for ingesting, modeling, processing, and persisting data
- Experience using statistical programming languages (e.g. Python, R) to deliver results for real-world problems
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.