Bangkok, Thailand /
Sales – International Sales /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
A Sales Engineer is a subject matter expert in the area of Software as a Service (SaaS), on-premise software, embedded systems and networking, installation, configuration, and testing of various Axon products. As a member of the Axon Professional Services Team, the Sales Engineer supports the campaign to deploy and support evidence capture devices, digital evidence management solutions SaaS and on-premise solutions to Public Safety Agencies across Southern Asia region. The Sales Engineer is a quota carrying, customer-facing front line role that facilitates and influences product enhancements and the deployment of Axon Enterprise’s products and solutions.
Your Day to Day
- Participate in sales efforts which could include: technical presentations, architecture design discussions, competitive displacement, proof-of-concept engagements, RFP/RFI responses, solution demonstrations, and technical workshops along with customer support for initial deployment initiatives.
- Document customer feature requests and issues, providing feedback to sales and product management
- Present Axon technical & business value proposition at industry events
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of AXON and domain expertise within technology subject area
- Provide support to product Test and Evaluations
- Execute customer site assessments targeting technology infrastructure assessments
- Transfer industry, technical, and product knowledge to customers and colleagues
- Proactively plan to prevent post sales issues that shorten time to revenue.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Computer Science or Engineering fields) or equivalent experience
- Willing to travel significantly (80%) across Southern Asia Region with some travel internationally
- Must have a valid Passport
- 3+ years experience as a Sales Engineer, Systems Engineer, Network Engineer, or similar related field
- 1+ years experience in a quota carrying territory management or general sales position
- Strong written and verbal English and Thai required, with experience communicating at all levels of client organizations to technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in one or more of the following areas of specializations: Digital Video, Mobile communications, IP Engineering, IP security, Embedded Systems, IAM, SAAS
- Strong understanding of network technologies and IP stack (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANS, firewalls, VPN gateways, proxies, etc.)
- Knowledge and practical application implementing and managing relational database solutions using AWS RDS, Microsoft/Azure SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Db2, etc.
- Experience in SAN technologies (EMC, HP 3Par, etc.)
- Comprehension of design and application for MDM/EMM solutions such as MobileIron, AirWatch, Intune or Meraki
- High degree of technical knowledge in computing infrastructure components, data centers, and system support
- Experience in data integration and data analysis to support expanding product portfolio
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack)
- Experience with project management and resource tracking
- Some understanding of software development technologies desired
- High degree of business acumen with strong focus on emotional quotient
- Ability to work effectively, add value as a Global team member
- Ability to work remotely effectively and add value as a team member. Demonstrate technical knowledge and consultative skills
- Willingness to take ownership of accounts and account related actions
- Must be able to coordinate across various groups and functional teams
- Ability to perform tasks with little or no supervision
- Demonstrate ability to implement, drive and track projects
- Ability to apply solutions, technology, and products to a business opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.