Engineering Manager, Axon Records
Software Engineering – Records
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Imagine year 2030. Advanced technology has transformed law enforcement, dramatically improving the quality and safety of our lives. Men and women in uniform rely on smart tools that collect and process information in real time. AI lets detectives investigate and prevent crimes by finding patterns in the cloud of interconnected data. Accurate and detailed reporting maintains transparency and trust between communities and the police.
Would you love to shape this future and join a team that is building it right now?
Every single day we pursue our mission: to protect life and make a positive change in the world with state-of-the-art devices and services. We truly believe in what we do, and welcome others who share our passion.
We are building Axon Records, a brand new cloud-based web application that will eliminate tedious paperwork, save time, save lives, and make the job of police officers more fulfilling. Over time, Axon Records will evolve into a family of law enforcement tools designed to make our communities safer.
We believe we can only succeed if we deeply understand our customers and get to know them personally. We spend time with law enforcement officers to learn about their needs, watch their experience and see the real impact of our work. Your first ride-along with a patrol officer will forever change your perception of what their job is, and what the city is like.
We believe that only happy teams take good care of their customers, so we foster a team culture that emphasizes openness and transparency, encourages everyone to speak their mind and deliberately avoids red tape, unnecessary rituals, politics, and jerks.
We self-organize into small crews, each working on a short project and following its own development process. We reserve 2 days per week for focused work without meetings, and emphasize planning to keep our work-life balance healthy and sustainable.
- 3+ years of experience leading teams building customer-facing software applications
- A track record of planning and delivering on multiple overlapping projects spanning several months
- Experience implementing an engineering process that emphasized security, availability, scalability, and operational discipline
- You distilled your people and team management practices into a set of models and principles that you regularly verbalize, apply, and improve
- You thrived in multi-functional organizations by building consensus and partnering with product management, UX design, security, and recruiting
- You have calibrated coding, system design and behavioral job interview questions that you used to hire top talent and quickly grow your team
- You maintained high performance standards by collecting objective metrics and peer feedback for performance evaluation and management
- You mentored junior and senior engineers, helping them understand themselves, influence others, and advance towards their career goals
- You established trust with senior leaders by aligning your priorities with theirs, providing timely, accurate, and succinct status updates, and helping other teams when needed
- You have kept your engineering skills sharp so you can review your team's code, evaluate design options, and provide high-level cost estimates
- You follow the latest in open source technologies and can intuit the fine line between a promising new practice and an overhyped fad
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.