Senior Security Engineer
Information Security – Security Engineering
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
You will help us enhance Axon's corporate and product security posture by hardening our system boundaries and help to keep us a few steps ahead of evil-doers. You will select, build, and advanced tooling to enable our workforce and services to operate in an efficient and secure manner. You will be the advocate of these best practices to foster a culture of security, mentor and train less experienced information security staff, and act as a force-multiplier within the organisation.
- Act as the point person for systems under your sphere of influence
- Own our corporate security systems and keep them in good health
- Make architectural decisions that impact the company at large
- Review proposed systems and services and make suggestions beyond just the minimum effort
- Survey the backlog of projects, prioritize appropriately, and shepherd solutions through with persistence
- 5+ years professional experience
- Ability to think creatively about potential attack vectors, and propose creative solutions
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-stress situations - often with deadlines
- Understanding of current and emerging issues with technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities, threats, and attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Ability to translate complex issues in technology to language understandable by a wide range of audiences
- Passionate about security; involved in the security community
- Experience in developing or researching technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams in designing and implementing complex security solutions from the identification of a need to guiding it into a fully-operationalized, well-oiled process
- Experience across a variety of Information Security and technology disciplines - from infrastructure to applications
- Experience with secure network architectures, subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs and other network routing methods and web related protocols
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Python, Ruby, etc to help facilitate automation whenever possible.
- Experience with automated vulnerability scanning and network penetration testing.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.