Program Manager (Remote - US)
Scottsdale, Arizona /
Sales – Professional Services /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
This is a leadership role with opportunity for rapid professional growth and the chance to contribute to the success of a software startup with accelerated growth inside a public company. You will collaborate with Sales teams to position the client for a successful engagement. You will lead a client facing, cross-functional team to deliver on the value proposition of our Software Solutions.
Your Day to Day
- Engage with technology decision makers (Chiefs of Police, Command staff, Sheriffs, Directors of IT) and program managers pre and post-sale
- Participate in pre-sales efforts including: sales presentations, RFP | RFI responses, solution demonstrations and deployment plan creation
- Define and administer software deployment plans including client relationship management and project scope, schedule, budget, requirement traceability, and risk analysis.
- Influence and guide cross-functional deployments team to deliver on time, under budget, and to agency satisfaction.
- Provide structure and clarity where there is ambiguity in customer needs and product lifecycle development.
- Manage project scope on behalf of the agency including identifying stakeholder for all key project roles, implementing and managing project timeline, communications, and status updates.
- Document customer feature requests and issues, providing feedback to sales and product management
- Maintain agency-facing and internal project dashboards, communicating progress, identifying and handling or elevating risks, and ensuring end-to-end success of the implementation.
- Demonstrated Leadership Experience
- 5 years of project and program management experience in complex customer-facing software product delivery. Project Management Certification strongly preferred (e.g. PMP, CAPM, CSM, etc.).
- Demonstrated exceptional customer relationship management and negotiation skills with a track record of aligning stakeholders and driving fast-moving, rapidly-changing programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to structure projects, define milestones, and align stakeholders.
- Technical degree in engineering or computer science as undergraduate, B.S.
- Experience with Computer Aided Dispatch or Records Management Enterprise Software
- B2B SaaS program management. Lean Six Sigma Certification a plus.
- MBA or advanced degree
- Self-starter who thrives with problem-solving and embraces ambiguity
- Enthusiasm and commitment to AXON's Mission, Core Values, and Program Mission
- Willingness to join forces and drive company-wide initiatives across multiple departments
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.