Senior Embedded / Firmware Engineer
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam /
Hardware Engineering – Sensors - Devices /
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
You aren’t like everybody else. You aim a little higher. You reach a little further. Your goals in life include more than just landing a great paying job. You do more because it matters. And when it comes to looking for that next opportunity, you want to do work that's rewarding. We're changing the way law enforcement uses technology and are looking for others who share our mission Protect Life. Our mission is making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services.
As a Software Engineer, you'll design, build, and implement new features for our Axon platform and ecosystem of products. You'll work closely with the electrical engineering team, manufacturing team and external vendors to define and build platform firmware, and application modules for cameras, and activation products in the Axon Ecosystem.
Our global team is made up of a plethora of talent. You'll gain exposure to cross-train in a variety of languages and products. Our team is versatile and determined, no matter the project or activity. Whatever your goals are, you'll have the freedom to work on projects you're passionate about, and the support of people who will challenge you in new ways.
We recognize the hard work and responsibility of all Axon employees, and try to give back by focusing on employee happiness and generous benefits!
Your Day to Day
- Firmware design and development for our next generation products
- Work with distributed software and hardware teams
- Collaborate with the hardware team and vendors to optimize power consumption, RF quality
- Communicate with quality & validation teams to verify the end-to-end customer experience is exceeding expectations using automated testing and telemetry analysis
- Work with manufacturing engineers to build applications and tests
- BA/BS in Computer Science or BA/BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in Embedded C/C++ with familiarity in Python, Go or Rust
- Experience in Embedded Linux
- Familiar in the following areas of firmware development: BSP porting, power management, and wireless communication (any of WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, Proprietary RF, LTE)
- Understanding of: Kernel and driver development, threads, inter-process communications, and profiling
- Understanding of computer architecture & peripherals
- Emphasis on self-diagnostic code via robust fault detection, reporting, and recovery
- Documentation of design/interface specifications and architecture
- Responsibility for unit and system testing
- Basic ability to read datasheets, schematics and understand electronic circuitry
- Exposure to Yocto, OpenWRT and other embedded distros is a plus
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0
- Excellent English skills
- Past experience developing embedded applications
- Electrical engineers who are interested in switching to firmware/software development can be considered as well
- Software engineers who are interested in switching to firmware/low-level software development can be considered as well
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.