Forward Deployed Engineer - Scala
New York City /
We are experts in multiparty data and workflow solutions. Axoni was founded in 2013 with the goal of overhauling global financial markets infrastructure using distributed ledger technology. That vision has become a reality through intensive technology development and deep collaboration with the world’s leading financial institutions.
Our diverse team of experts across capital markets, derivatives, distributed systems, cryptographic research, and cloud development focuses every day on our goal of building solutions that will fundamentally change and improve how financial markets operate. We are building the next generation of capital markets technology and we are seeking talented, highly motivated professionals that want to be part of this once-in-a-career opportunity to drive the incredible changes coming to global capital markets from the advent of blockchain technology.
Axoni is looking for a Forward Deployed Engineer who will be responsible for software development for our biggest client initiatives. Our projects vary across multiple industries including Bond Issuance, Stock Loan, and Swaps to deliver a seamless, optimized experience all the way to the end user. You will work directly with our clients to understand and solve their largest pain points. We are a backend Scala organization with expertise in Go and Solidity. Our frontend runs on React. We use multiple frameworks such as Zio, Akka, and Play. Some other tools we use include Kafka and Postgres.
This role reports directly to our Director of Engineering and is based out of our New York City office. Please note, for the safety of our teams, all employees are currently working remote.
- Interface directly with our clients to discover pain points and work with our team to develop plans and execute them
- Write code mostly in Scala and interact with messaging systems like Kafka
- Review code and promote software development best practices by bringing a rigorous approach to delivering quality products
- Promote technical design and coding standards for our platform and product roadmaps based on input from our clients
- Share and promote your knowledge of API development, networking components, and implementing secure protocols
- Promote best practices for facilitating Agile and Test Driven Development
- Collaborate with Scrum team for coordinating tasks across features
- Curious and enthusiastic for tackling tough problems and delivering effective solutions
- A great verbal and written communicator - you’ll be part of a talented team and will be collaborating with clients and stakeholders inside and outside of Axoni
- A deep problem solver - the ability to analyze a business or technical problem and select the most appropriate solution
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience with at least one year writing code in Scala
- Experience deploying and supporting production workloads
- Experience building REST API services
- Strong database experience, preferably with PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, or DB2
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with Kafka or other streaming/messaging tools
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with containerization/orchestration tools such as Docker or K8s
- Familiarity with tools and frameworks in the Scala and Java ecosystems (Akka, Zio, Play, Spring Boot, etc.)
- Experience with networking protocols (http, tcp, gRPC, etc.)
- Experience working with OAuth and Authorization providers
- Experience with SaaS
- Capital markets and fintech experience
Individuals seeking employment at Axoni are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.