Senior Software Engineer, Scala
Software Engineering – Software Engineering /
Axoni is building the next generation of capital markets technology. Our solutions are used by the world’s leading banks, asset managers, hedge funds, and infrastructure providers. Our diverse team focuses every day on our goal of building products that will change and improve how our clients and the markets will interact.
We are seeking talented, motivated professionals that want to be part of this once-in-a-career opportunity to not only see, but also drive the incredible changes coming to global capital markets. We are building a culture where our team feels valued and everyone is given an opportunity to grow and succeed. We try to live by our Core Values and demonstrate what we believe represent the kind of company we are working to build. These Values are: Delivery is everything; Choose Kindness; Be better every day.
About the role:
Headquartered in New York City, the Software Engineer will be responsible for coordinating technical development of our platform and applications. This hands-on role will be responsible for coordinating tasks across other developers, managing pull requests, as well direct software development. Candidates should have a strong understanding of algorithm development, networking components, and implementing secure protocols.
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Experience with Akka
- Experience building REST API services
- Comfort with large data sets, preferably experience with Redis PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, or DB2
- Knowledge of security best practices for application architecture, communication protocols, and AWS infrastructure
- Comfort with workflows in Gitlab, Jira, and Confluence
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes a plus
- Experience with gRPC/protobuf, Play Framework or Spring Boot a plus
- Experience with Java / overall JVM ecosystem
- Experience with Scala is a plus
- Experience working with OAuth and Authorization providers a plus
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Familiarity with network protocols (http/2, tcp) a plus
- Knowledge of Solidity, Ethereum and Bitcoin blockchains a plus
- Best practices for facilitating Agile and Test Driven Development
Individuals seeking employment at Axoni are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.