SVP, Software Engineering
Remote (United States) /
Software Engineering – Software Engineering /
Axoni is building the next generation of capital markets technology. Our solutions are used by the world’s leading banks, asset managers, hedge funds, and infrastructure providers. Our diverse team focuses every day on our goal of building products that will change and improve how our clients and the markets will interact.
We are seeking talented, motivated professionals that want to be part of this once-in-a-career opportunity to not only see, but also drive the incredible changes coming to global capital markets. We are building a culture where our team feels valued and everyone is given an opportunity to grow and succeed. We try to live by our Core Values and demonstrate what we believe represent the kind of company we are working to build. These Values are: Delivery is everything; Choose Kindness; Be better every day.
Our SVP of Engineering is an executive-level role that is expected to be actively involved in strategic decisions in the company. These responsibilities range from creating an environment where engineers are happy and effective, to participating in design sessions and refining development workflows. Candidates should be highly technical, have strong management experience, and have led teams to deliver large scale software with agility.
As the SVP of Engineering at Axoni, you will
- This is an executive-level role that is expected to be actively involved in strategic decisions in the company
- Manage and mentor people, motivating the software development team towards successful delivery.
- Ensure that we have the right people in the right place in the organization, and that there are clear roles, levels, and expectations throughout the team.
- Oversee the tech hiring process and onboard new team members effectively.
- Communicate the strategy and initiatives up and down the chain of command.
- Implement technology direction as defined in collaboration with the CTO.
- Oversee projects, estimate work, manage development processes, and meet deadlines.
- Align project needs with budgets and move people across teams as necessary.
- Define and execute best practices across teams to ensure high-quality products.
We are looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in engineering management roles
- Management - Ability to lead a high-performance cross-functional engineering team that meets deadlines
- Standards - Ability to establish engineering standards around development processes - testing, CI/CD, architecture review, etc
- Technology - A strong understanding of our modern technology and distributed systems - e.g. Scala, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, AWS
- Product - Ability to deliver software to clients that is run in their environments (e.g. enterprise SW or consulting)
- Clients - Ability to represent the company externally to key technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strategy - Strategic skills that can align a long term plan to market needs, and put a short and medium term plan together to achieve it
Individuals seeking employment at Axoni are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.