In-House Counsel (Legal Counsel)
New York City
Axoni was founded in 2013 with the goal of overhauling global capital markets infrastructure. That vision has become a reality through intensive technology development and deep collaboration with the world’s leading financial institutions.
Our diverse team of experts across capital markets, derivatives, distributed systems, cryptographic research, and cloud development focuses every day on our goal of building blockchain solutions that will fundamentally change and improve how financial markets operate. We are building the next generation of capital markets technology and we are seeking talented, highly motivated professionals that want to be part of this once-in-a-career opportunity to drive the incredible changes coming to global capital markets from the advent of blockchain technology.
About the Role
This will be Axoni’s first internal legal counsel position. We are looking for an attorney to assist in the negotiation, drafting and management of Axoni’s commercial contracts, licensing agreements and intellectual property matters. The person in this role should have the skills and hands-on experience to support the evolving needs of our business by advising on areas including intellectual property, commercial licensing agreements, and open source licensing. Axoni’s In-House Counsel will be responsible for driving negotiations, as well as coordinate with our various external counsels.
- Manage legal matters related to Axoni’s business, including:
- Review, draft and negotiate complex commercial and software licensing agreements, consulting and development agreements, vendor contracts and confidentiality agreements; Advise on intellectual property issues, including open source-related issues;
- Advise on strategy for patents and trademarks and manage relevant applications and registrations;
- Collaborate with outside counsel as necessary.
- 5+ years of experience as an attorney, with a significant amount of that time spent negotiating and drafting commercial contracts and software licensing agreements
- Understanding of intellectual property law and open source licensing
- Transactional law firm experience and/or in-house experience at a bank, financial services company, or technology company
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, organizational, drafting and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, and collaborative working style with an eagerness to learn
- Experience with capital raising a plus
- Admission to New York State Bar
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Catered team lunch and snacks
- High-energy culture