Senior Finance Associate
New York City /
About the Company
Axoni is a capital markets focused distributed ledger technology firm. Our innovative and unique distributed ledger technology has proven itself successful across multiple asset classes and use cases at the world’s most advanced financial institutions.
Our diverse team of capital markets, cryptographic research, and technology development skills focuses every day on our goal of building products that will change and improve how our clients and the markets will interact. We are building the next generation of capital markets technology and we are seeking talented, motivated professionals that want to be part of this once-in-a-career opportunity to not only see, but also drive the incredible changes coming to global capital markets.
The Senior Finance Associate role is a part of the Axoni Finance team and reports directly to Axoni’s Director of Finance. This role will provide data-driven analysis and strategic insights to the business. This is an opportunity that affords significant exposure and impact on senior-level decision making.
- Collaborate with Business, Engineering and Senior Leadership teams to identify and implement strategies to help drive short and long-term financial performance
- Conduct ROI analysis across our client engagements; identify and track KPIs to drive increased operational efficiency
- Quantify business opportunities and risk factors through scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Build financial models to forecast P&L, balance sheet and cash flows to support capital raise initiatives
- Drive the annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process for the company
- Review revenue and expense accruals on a monthly basis in accordance to GAAP
- Prepare monthly financial overview and budget vs. actuals analysis
- Prepare financial analysis and quarterly reporting materials to investors and the board
- Support Axoni’s annual financial audit including but not limited to working with Finance team to provide requested supporting documents and drafting financial statements
- Support Finance team on implementing cash management strategies
- Support Finance team on various system automation and process improvement initiatives including but not limited to ERP, CRM, T&E and ASC 606 revenue recognition
- Partner with 3rd Party Accounting team to support full lifecycle of accounts receivable and accounts payable process including but not limited to customer invoicing, vendor bill payments, and corporate expense reports
- Assist Finance and Tax team in reviewing various tax returns including but not limited to: federal and state tax returns, commercial rent tax, real estate tax and sales tax
- Advanced Excel modeling
- +5 years of financial planning and modeling, within technology or subscription-based businesses prefered)
- Proficient knowledge of P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statements
- Moderate to strong working knowledge of accounting; working knowledge of GAAP
- Experience in enterprise software (SAAS and On Premise) required
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; detail-oriented and focused on timely execution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly motivated, passionate to learn about blockchain, and agile to work in a fast growing start-up environment
- Experience with accounting software, ERPs, CRMs, expense management and bill payment systems is a plus
- CFA and/or CPA is a plus, but not required.