Director of Applications Delivery Lead
New York City /
Delivery and Docs – Delivery /
Axoni is building the next generation of capital markets technology. Our solutions are used by the world’s leading banks, asset managers, hedge funds, and infrastructure providers. Our diverse team focuses every day on our goal of building products that will change and improve how our clients and the markets will interact.
We are seeking talented, motivated professionals that want to be part of this once-in-a-career opportunity to not only see, but also drive the incredible changes coming to global capital markets. We are building a culture where our team feels valued and everyone is given an opportunity to grow and succeed. We try to live by our Core Values and demonstrate what we believe represent the kind of company we are working to build. These Values are: Delivery is everything; Choose Kindness; Be better every day.
Axoni is looking for an Applications Delivery Lead to join our team. This person will be responsible for ensuring an effective and timely delivery of software. These responsibilities range from creating an environment where engineers are happy and effective, participating in design sessions, and refining development workflows. Candidates should be technical, have strong management experience, and have led teams to deliver large scale software with agility.
You will report into our Head of Delivery and be located in our NYC office.
- Serves as the Single Point of Accountability (SPA) for the delivery of all Axoni application software components
- Responsible for “Delivering” the committed technology build, installation, deployment, etc.
- Works with the engineering teams to provide oversight and management of engineering activities to design, develop, forecast, and improve processes
- Ensures on-time, quality delivery
- Work with Product Management teams to align priorities and deliverables
- Provides program management and reporting (including leadership meetings)
- Provides resource management and communication across multiple product and engagement teams
- Provide issue and dependency management, and helps arbitrate conflicting priorities, across multiple product and engagement teams
- Represent the technology team in cross-team discussions and client meetings
- Identify and mentor new potential leaders
- Lead or oversee multiple large scale development efforts
- Minimum of 8-10 years of engineering and engineering management experience, preferably with platform, distributed systems, infrastructure
- Track record of managing end-to-end client engagements, with full responsibility for delivery
- Track record of delivering, deploying and integrating systems to production
- Track record of leading high performing teams that deliver scalable products in a technology company or startup
- Experience managing and delivering complex platforms, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple delivery tracks with conflicting priorities
- Experience facilitating scrum teams, agile processes, continuous integration and delivery
- Familiarity with working in either Scala, Java, Go, or a comparable compiled programming language-based development environment
- Familiarity with deployment and orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, preferably in a software engineering
- Knowledge of Ethereum and Bitcoin blockchains a plus
Individuals seeking employment at Axoni are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.