SRE - Infrastructure Engineer - Cloud
New York City /
Axoni is a capital markets focused distributed ledger technology firm. Our innovative and unique distributed ledger technology has proven itself successful across multiple asset classes and use cases at the world’s most advanced financial institutions.
Our diverse team of capital markets, cryptographic research, and technology development skills focuses every day on our goal of building products that will change and improve how our clients and the markets will interact. We are building the next generation of capital markets technology and we are seeking talented, motivated professionals that want to be part of this once-in-a-career opportunity to not only see, but also drive the incredible changes coming to global capital markets.
Axoni’s Infrastructure Engineering-focused Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) are responsible for automating the deployment, configuration, and monitoring of our corporate infrastructure, including cloud-provisioned infrastructure as well as the third-party and internally developed services running on them. We are most heavily utilizing AWS, but as our customer base is growing and diversifying, our Azure and GCP footprints are rapidly expanding.
As a Cloud Infrastructure SRE, you’ll be deeply involved in developing and automating operational controls for our entire corporate cloud infrastructure, DevOps pipeline tools, and operational security systems, relying heavily on Infrastructure as Code (IaC) best practices for defining secure and resilient systems and processes. Evangelizing operational efficiencies, cost savings, and DevOps practices across various parts of the system will make you an effective member of the SRE team.
We’re looking for candidates who love to learn and are able to adapt quickly. If you are passionate about IaC, cybersecurity, and problem solving in a collaborative and modern technical environment, then this role is a great fit for you.
- Operate and improve our Kubernetes platform
- Develop and manage IaC code and templates for secure and resilient cloud and tool management
- Develop operational controls for cloud infrastructure
- Develop operational controls and automations for security infrastructure (e.g. IAM, PKI)
- Administer and maintain development tools at the user, service, and infrastructure level
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant SRE role
- Unix shell scripting
- Unix administration/troubleshooting
- IaC Orchestration (Terraform [preferred], Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack/Heat, CloudFormation)
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes [preferred], Docker)
- Cloud Orchestration (AWS preferred)
- Monitoring tools (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Cloudwatch)
- Access and Identity Management (Okta, Kerberos, IdP)
- PKI (CSR, CA, Vault)
- Build/packaging tech (glide, dep, ?make, Gradle, Maven)
- CI coding (Jenkinsfile, .gitlab-ci.yml, .travis.yml)
- Any OO or functional programming language