Head of People
New York City /
Axoni is a New York-based technology firm that specializes in multiparty workflows and infrastructure. Founded in 2013 by a team of distributed systems and capital markets experts, the company offers core data infrastructure, application development, and automation tools. Axoni’s technology is used across global capital markets by the world’s leading banks, asset managers, hedge funds, and infrastructure providers.
We are seeking a Head of People who is passionate about building amazing cultures. The ideal candidate has at least ten years' experience in HR, building effective processes and organizational structure. Our Head of People should care deeply about how people work best, how they think, and what motivates their creativity and passion around work.
You will act as a champion for the company culture and will partner with the company executives and team leaders, allowing the company to develop and grow quickly. You will oversee People Operations, including Recruiting and HR functions. This will involve driving recruitment of the best talent, coaching on team leadership, helping to resolve employee relations issues and managing programs that help develop staff.
- Oversee and lead initiatives in Talent Development, Compensation, Benefits, Culture/Engagement, Employee Relations and Facilities Management
- Ensure that we build and maintain a cohesive global culture (including vision, mission & values)
- Use prior experience and creativity to design and build policies, benefits programs, compensation plans, feedback systems, and training programs
- Help to define our company values and identify ways to live them throughout the company
- Build and implement programs across recruiting, onboarding, ongoing training, feedback and culture building
- Provide useful data to help guide decision making, and allow the company to scale effectively and efficiently
- Provide leadership on people related issues and policies globally across the company
- Maintaining an environment that promotes healthy communication and handles employee relations issues with the highest degree of empathy and respect
- 10+ years of experience in People Operations Leadership roles
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, with the ability to lead and adapt in a changing business environment
- Experience finding, recruiting and managing people, including diverse teams (different locations, employees/contractors/agencies, levels of experience, etc.) across the globe
- Exceptional communication & collaboration skills, particularly with people who have different skill sets
- Show an ability to challenge conventional approaches and a willingness to build a unique approach
- An excellent connector who collaborates, problem solves, and can help celebrate wins while learning from mistakes and always keeping the team in mind
- Brings a focus on data driven decision-making to help influence key strategic decisions