Director, Software Engineering
Software Engineering – Software Engineering /
Axoni is building the next generation of capital markets technology. Our solutions are used by the world’s leading banks, asset managers, hedge funds, and infrastructure providers. Our diverse team focuses every day on our goal of building products that will change and improve how our clients and the markets will interact.
We are seeking talented, motivated professionals that want to be part of this once-in-a-career opportunity to not only see, but also drive the incredible changes coming to global capital markets. We are building a culture where our team feels valued and everyone is given an opportunity to grow and succeed. We try to live by our Core Values and demonstrate what we believe represent the kind of company we are working to build. These Values are: Delivery is everything; Choose Kindness; Be better every day.
Our Director of Engineering role is responsible for ensuring an effective and timely delivery of software. These responsibilities range from creating an environment where engineers are happy and effective, to participating in design sessions and refining development workflows. Candidates should be highly technical, have strong management experience, and have led teams to deliver large scale software with agility.
- Manage the engineering teams and coordinate engineering activities to design, develop, forecast, and improve processes
- Work with Product Management teams and Business Leads to align priorities and deliverables
- Manage resources across multiple product teams
- Identify and encourages new potential leaders
- Build the organization’s structure, hiring plan, and culture
- Foster engagement across teams such as Product, Solutions and Engineering
- Represent Axoni at public or client-facing events
- Build a technology vision and aligns teams to achieve goals
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, preferably in a software field
- Minimum of 8 years of engineering and engineering management experience, preferably with infrastructure, platform, or distributed systems
- Track record of growing and scaling fast-growing engineering teams with a collaborative culture
- Track record of leading high performing teams that deliver scalable products in a technology company or startup
- Experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative team member
Individuals seeking employment at Axoni are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.