SRE - Network Security Engineer
New York City
Axoni develops novel blockchain solutions while focusing on the capital markets industry. In various production implementations, we have demonstrated that our blockchain software can serve multiple asset classes and use cases at the world’s most advanced financial institutions. Join us in our mission to further strengthen and scale our system and develop new blockchain solutions. We’re excited to have you become part of our high-performing team of software engineers.
Axoni’s Network Security (NetSec)-focused Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) are responsible for automating the deployment, configuration, and monitoring of our networking and security infrastructure in cloud and non-cloud environments. We are most heavily utilizing AWS, but as our customer base is growing and diversifying, our Azure and GCP footprints are rapidly expanding. As a NetSec SRE, you’ll be deeply involved in the design and implementation of large-scale distributed systems as they pertain to our internal networks and to our customers' connectivity. Deep-diving into security and operational efficiencies across various parts of the network will make you an effective member of the SRE team.
We’re looking for candidates who love to learn and are able to adapt quickly. If you are passionate about networking, cybersecurity, and problem solving in a collaborative and modern technical environment, then this role is a great fit for you.
- Develop and implement administrative tooling for managing and maintaining:
- >> critical network infrastructure (VPN, DNS, ...)
- >> security operational systems (GuardDuty, Splunk ES, ...)
- >> cloud and on-prem infrastructure (usage, health, cost, capacity)
- >> critical IdM and IdP infrastructure (AWS, Okta, HashiCorp Vault, ...)
- Network System Management (switches, gateways, load balancers, DNS, LAN/WiFi, ...)
- Security System Management (VPN, firewalls, proxies, ...)
- Unix (shell scripting, administration, troubleshooting, ...)
- IaC Orchestration (Terraform [preferred], Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack/Heat, CloudFormation)
- Cloud Network Services (Route53, ELB, WAF, ...)
- Cloud Security Services (Security Groups, GuardDuty, CloudTrail, Security Hub, ...)
- SIEM (SolarWinds, LogRhythm, Splunk ES, ...)