Lead Software Engineer, Scala
Remote (United States)
Software Engineering – Software Engineering /
Axoni is building the next generation of capital markets technology. Our solutions are used by the world’s leading banks, asset managers, hedge funds, and infrastructure providers. Our diverse team focuses every day on our goal of building products that will change and improve how our clients and the markets will interact.
We are seeking talented, motivated professionals that want to be part of this once-in-a-career opportunity to not only see, but also drive the incredible changes coming to global capital markets. We are building a culture where our team feels valued and everyone is given an opportunity to grow and succeed. We try to live by our Core Values and demonstrate what we believe represent the kind of company we are working to build. These Values are: Delivery is everything; Choose Kindness; Be better every day.
Axoni is looking for a Lead /Staff Scala Engineer who will be responsible for software development for our biggest client initiatives. Our projects vary across multiple industries including Bond Issuance, Stock Loan, and Swaps to deliver a seamless, optimized experience all the way to the end user. You will work directly with our clients to understand and solve their largest pain points. We are a backend Scala organization, and our frontend runs on React. We use multiple frameworks such as Zio, Cats and Cats Effect. Some other tools we use include Kafka and Postgres.
This role reports directly to our Director of Engineering.
- Lead the design and implementation of complex software features.
- Mentor junior engineers and provide technical guidance.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering directors to define technical requirements and ensure NFRs meet the product needs.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of a product or domain.
- Responsible for the architecture of the entire product or domain.
- Review code and architecture of other engineers on the team.
- Work with other engineers to architect multiple services and technologies for a product or domain.
- Contribute to technology standards and best practices.
- Work with the engineering team on reliable forecasts on effort and delivery.
- Work with clients as required on technical discussions and issue resolution
- 10+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5+ year writing code in Scala
- 2+ years of leading a high functioning team
- Experience deploying and supporting production workloads
- Experience building REST API services,distributed architectures.
- Strong database experience, preferably with PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Familiarity with tools and frameworks in Scala (ZIO, Typelevel, Akka, Cats and Cats Effect, etc.)
- Experience with AWS infrastructure with Kubernetes, Docker
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Kafka or other streaming/messaging tools
- Experience with containerization/orchestration tools such as Docker or K8s
- Experience with networking protocols (http, tcp, gRPC, etc.)
- Experience working with OAuth and Authorization providers
- Experience with SaaS
- Capital markets and fintech experience
Individuals seeking employment at Axoni are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.