Director, Applications (Delivery Lead)
New York City /
Axoni is a capital markets focused distributed ledger technology firm. Our innovative and unique distributed ledger technology has proven itself successful across multiple asset classes and use cases at the world’s most advanced financial institutions.
Our diverse team of capital markets, cryptographic research, and technology development skills focuses every day on our goal of building products that will change and improve how our clients and the markets will interact. We are building the next generation of capital markets technology and we are seeking talented, motivated professionals that want to be part of this once-in-a-career opportunity to not only see, but also drive the incredible changes coming to global capital markets.
Our Tech Delivery Lead is responsible for ensuring an effective and timely delivery of software. These responsibilities range from creating an environment where engineers are happy and effective, participating in design sessions, and refining development workflows. Candidates should be highly technical, have strong management experience, and have led teams to deliver large scale software with agility.
- Manages the engineering teams and oversees engineering activities to design, develop, forecast, and improve processes
- Ensures on-time, quality delivery
- Work with Product Management teams to align priorities and deliverables
- Management and communication of resources across multiple product and engagement teams
- Represents the technology team in cross-team discussions and client meetings
- Identifies and mentors new potential leaders
- Has ability to lead or oversee multiple large scale development efforts
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering and engineering management experience, preferably with platform, distributed systems, infrastructure
- Track record of deploying and integrating systems to production
- Track record of leading high performing teams that deliver scalable products in a technology company or startup
- Experience facilitating scrum teams, agile processes, continuous integration and delivery
- Well versed in either Scala, Java or a comparable compiled programming language
- Experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative team member
- Knowledge of Ethereum and Bitcoin blockchains a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, preferably in a software field