Talent Acquisition Team Leader
UK - London (babylon HQ)
People – Recruitment
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
As a member of the HR management team, you will be expected to embrace and contribute to the culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes, adding value to the business and meeting customer needs. You will be responsible for coaching and developing the talent acquisition team to achieve the agreed standards of performance and accountable for ensuring that best practice global recruitment plans are produced for your overall business areas. You will support the business in succession planning and ensuring that we are developing and maintaining relationships with executive level stakeholders and building a sound level of knowledge of the business.
You will also be expected to own, deliver and support executive and key hires across your customer and stakeholder group
The main responsibilities will be:
- Measuring and driving core metrics such as time to hire and quality of hire. You will be responsible for ensuring the team hit the performance standards and will manage the activity and team size accordingly
- Responsible for embedding process changes within your area. You will continually communicate and drive change to the stakeholder community ensuring adoption of changes and supporting the business accordingly with action planning
- Responsible for identifying areas for improvement, making recommendations and working to a 1/4ly improvement plan with key stakeholders in your business area
- As a key member of HR, you are responsible for driving best practice and owning/delivery key initiatives globally and within functional areas. You will act as a SPOC & advisor for the business
- Responsible for the ‘stakeholder pack’ such as dashboards and MI. You will present and communicate the insight from this data to inform & consult with your group, creating collective improvement plans and building strong partnering relationships with your stakeholders and customers
- Support the business in workforce planning and people plans forecasting
- placements based on demand, changes in the customers’ business, the candidate pipeline and trends in business demand ensuring we are always on the front foot.
- Identify opportunities to demonstrate TA successes to stakeholders and hiring community
- Champion and embed the use of Talent Analytics with the business to help drive hiring decisions ensuring all relevant stakeholders are informed and communicated to. Have a good understanding of the local labour and candidate markets for areas of responsibility, providing guidance to the business/stakeholders and team on demographics and sourcing strategies.
- Recognise, exemplify and adhere to Babylon’s culture and values
- Build and manage relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders to provide a proactive exceptional customer service ensuring a positive image and awareness of Babylon is always promoted
- Design, embed and measure innovative sourcing strategies to ensure candidates are attracted and hired into Babylon whilst ensuring KPI’s are met and agency use is managed. Enhance and encourage awareness of the internal referral programme where required and make recommendations for use to help support specific campaigns
- Be a champion for candidate experience continually looking at feedback and ensure our improvement plans and processes are driving towards best in class.
- Recommend, co-ordinate and participate in hiring events such as Job Fairs, external recruiting and other networking events for your overall business area ensuring ROI and driving brand awareness
- Partner with procurement and finance to ensure we have the right suppliers on the PSL at the right cost. Measure the performance of the suppliers and ensure we reduce dependency through innovative and creative direct delivery methods
- Keep abreast of market intelligence and industry trends (i.e. new technology, recruitment trends and legislative changes ensuring we continually drive bet practice)
- Drive systems compliance and data integrity in team ensuring technologies are maximised and processes are adhered to
Skills & experience required:
- At least 10 years recruitment experience in a global fast paced organisation
- Extensive experience of having built and lead teams
- Track record of leading teams to achieve in-house key performance indicators such as time to hire and quality of hire
- Brilliant relationship building and communication skills with the ability to influence and drive change across all levels and functions
- Experience of having instigated, planned and managed projects cross functionally across HR and business groups
- Experience of designing & embedding hiring processes, driving best practice and manage customer expectations
- Resilient, tenacious with the ability to help fix relevant business challenges whilst juggling the core team KPI’s and goals
- Proven track record in creating innovative and effective sourcing strategies, building external supplier relationships & troubleshooting/fixing challenges