Frontend Engineer - React, GraphQL
UK - London (babylon HQ)
Technology – Web / Front-End
Permanent, Full time
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
We’re looking for someone experienced in developing scalable, well-tested, and maintainable JS applications using React. You must be able to translate design and specs into beautiful, usable web applications. You will be working on developing our market-leading products, in the collaborative and growing engineering team based in our central London office.
The future of our product is focused around utilising AI solutions to revolutionise how we diagnose, treat and prevent diseases; your effort will contribute heavily to experience of our customers accessing our products.
You will help us build and support great products across Babylon, as well as shaping our vision of an intelligent virtual assistant for the medical domain, in order to make health care affordable and accessible for everyone.
- Research, conceive and develop web application to extend and improve on Babylon Health’s product offering.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions. Provide front-end coding expertise, and be ready to make Babylon Health better for our users.
- Work closely with UX designers, project managers and back-end engineers to implement an awesome user experience.
- Work with Data Scientists and Backend Engineers to build features and shippable experiments.
- Find and address performance issues.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices
Who fits this role?
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in software development; experience developing web-based applications.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities.
- Familiarity with React.js
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills; ability to work with minimum guidance.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience with css pre-processing and post processing tools.
Our tech stack
- Apollo Client & Server
- Some Redux
- Using ES6/7 features throughout the app so knowledge on those is a plus.
- We use Cypress for testing
- CircleCI for continuous integration.
- Functional programming principles in React with Recompose