Product Director - AI
UK - London (babylon HQ)
Product – Product Management
Permanent, Full time
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ’50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
We're massively expanding our product management teams, we're looking for Product Managers at all levels - including in our AI teams. We're building AI platforms in house that will revolutionise healthcare, globally; our products will be able to diagnose illnesses and predict future health to a high degree of precision and accuracy. These are truly step-change, cutting edge data products - we're solving problems that no-one has solved before.
If you've got an appetite for revolutionising healthcare and an entrepreneurial spirit; come and talk to us.
What you'll do:
- Manage the product from vision, strategy, through roadmap to delivery and ongoing iterations for our AI Platforms
- Actively engage and communicate clearly with stakeholders at all levels across the organisation to codify the business needs and value propositions
- Understand and validate the real needs of your users and communicate those needs clearly to the team and the business
- Be the company’s ‘go to’ expert on your product, and the industry landscape it sits in
- Facilitate the team to create outstanding solutions, and identify any additional resources and support that will help in that goal
- Identify clear, measurable metrics to track the success of your product, and the hypotheses you need to prove along the way
- Experience defining and delivering successful and innovative products
- Superlative analytical skills, and the ability to clearly communicate requirements at different levels
- Strong technology skills
- The ability to clearly identify, articulate and prioritise the strategic and tactical value of your vision and roadmap
- A proven track record of delivering products from the ground up that have your fingerprints all over them
- A tenacious ability to get things done, and work effectively across multiple streams
- Experience of working with global, complex products would be an advantage
Nice to have:
- Experience building AI / Machine Learning platform of non-trivial scale and complexity
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and Modelling
- Experience working closely with both engineering and research teams
- Health insurance is standard private health care, for you and your family – Full Bupa membership.
- Free employee therapy for mental health issues #endthestigma
- Life Insurance at 4 times annual salary
- 25 days per year annual holiday
- Fruits, Coffee, Tea and breakfast all are in office as well
- Free subscription to babylon for the whole family and childcare vouchers for parents
- Pension scheme
- Paternity or Maternity benefit which are in line with the statutory scheme
- Lots of opportunities to work on cross-team projects and represent babylon at events such as awards, trade shows and fairs.
- Table tennis and video game tournaments
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free in office yoga every week. Namaste!