Senior QA Engineer
UK - London
Technology – Testing
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
You will be working with highly skilled engineering, product and marketing teams to release quality product across the Babylon Health Solutions. You will play a vital part in the creation of an in-house testing team, working with passionate, tech driven and enthusiastic individuals on a day-to-day basis.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Awareness of what an IDE is and basic experience of navigating one
- Basic understanding of Object Oriented Programming i.e. what a class is and the relation it has with a method
- Ability to pair with a developer working with code, i.e. discuss tests in a codebase and understand the intent at least.
- Understanding of code repositories and commit process (trunk concept)
- Understanding of system architecture at a high level i.e. concepts and tech such as APIs, databases, micro-services, failover servers etc.
- Understanding of testing layers in a platform, why we have them, and ability to advise team on what to test and what is not required, as part of a cohesive testing strategy
- Understanding of continuous integration practices within a project
- Experience of defect lifecycle and ability to advise on tests to put in place after fixes are made
- Ability to explore partially-completed functionality, understand what is a bug and what has not been implemented yet, and provide concise and constructive feedback to developers Organisational and Analysis
Organisational and Analysis
- Experience of working within an iterative SDLC (spells of 2 weeks or less from design to deploy)
- Ability to proactively question team members and SMEs to discover details of proposed functionality, rather than gather all information from documentation.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with people from development, business analysis, project management and SME disciplines
- Ability to spot gaps in understanding on upcoming work, be that on how it will integrate or clash with the existing product, whether it can be validated fully or at all, or whether it even meets the customers’ needs
- Ability to propose changes in project practices and processes to improve effectiveness of the team, and lower the risk associated with delivery of the software
- Ability to work in a continually changing environment, and be a positive contributor to making that environment work
- Ability to raise the profile of QA within a team, such that everyone agrees on and follows the mantra “Building the correct product in the correct manner”.
- Independent and impartial representation of standards and safety measures followed by the company.
- Ensure that all team members are aware of quality as a key component of delivery.
- Ensure that all team members contribute to achieve the correct level of quality delivery.
- Ensure status of product development is visible to those within the team, and accessible for external observers.
- Ensure the team fully understands the quality processes such as defect management, definition of done, story structure, test types, purpose of environments etc.