Product Designer (UI / UX)
UK - London (babylon HQ)
Design and User Experience – Product Design
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ’50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
What do we want?
We are looking for a Product Designer (UI / UX) to join our UX & Design team. You will be working on the experience & design of our market-leading products, in the collaborative and growing UX & Design team based in our central London office. The future of our product is focused around utilising AI solutions to revolutionise how we diagnose, treat and prevent diseases; your effort will contribute heavily in helping us design and create new & innovative products.
Who fits the role?
- You have several years experience designing consumer focused tech for responsive web and native apps. You know the ins and outs of iOS and Android.
- You’re an exceptional designer with a portfolio showcasing your work.
- You have worked in fast paced agile environments with cross functional teams.
- You have a keen eye for detail, but know how to rapidly solve problems. Using everything from a basic sketch to high fidelity prototypes.
- You love giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback.
- You have the ability to communicate design effectively, regardless of the audience.
- You have the ability to experiment and validate your ideas and opinions.
- You’re fluent in modern web technologies and have a fundamental understanding of front-end development.
What matters most?
- You’ll be defining the future of healthcare with ground breaking innovative designs, which are simple, intuitive & useful - across multiple platforms.
- You’ll work closely with product managers, engineers, and other designers.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes and validate your prototypes on real users.
- Collaborate with the wider design team, evolving babylons design, brand and product experience.
- Conduct research, workshops & usability studies in conjunction with our research partners.
- Data driven - using both qualitative & quantitative data to influence your work.