Babylon Family Physician (Vancouver Clinic)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Clinical Services – Clinicians - GPs
Permanent - Part time
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Imagine being able to transform the way British Columbians access primary care by combining the best of Canadian family medicine with the best global health technology; providing both face-to-face care for patients in a modern medical clinic, as well as comprehensive video-based care, accessible from the comfort of patients’ homes. All at no charge to patients.
Well, now you don’t have to imagine.
We’re delivering on the promise of high-quality patient-centred care.
Babylon, a digital healthcare and AI company based in the UK, has partnered with TELUS to bring Canadians “Babylon by TELUS Health” – a service that is covered by MSP and allows British Columbians to access a family doctor and allied health services using their smartphone.
Patient feedback regarding our video-based service has been outstanding, but we’re just getting started. Next we’re creating a full multi-disciplinary health service: with care provided by physicians, therapists, and dieticians, including longitudinal primary care delivered in person when needed.
What does it mean to be Babylonian?
We hire only the best.
Physicians, nurses, creatives, strategists, and only the most passionate individuals keep the Babylon mission growing around the world.
We won’t stop until everyone – everywhere – has access to healthcare.
Right now, at least half the world’s population doesn't.
We’re going to change that.
You’ll have the opportunity to lead Canada in pioneering a "digital-first", shared-care model of primary care, starting in Vancouver BC.
You’ll blend work-from-home, seeing patients across BC by video, with in-person care in our modern downtown Vancouver clinic. You’ll provide care both to patients with episodic needs as well as patients who we’ll see longitudinally as part of our multi-disciplinary practice.
What makes us different?
- We offer a salaried hourly rate.
- We offer extended health benefits, or a health spending account, to all of our doctors – your health matters to us, as much as our patients’.
- We’re an established global service, with operations across the UK and Rwanda.
- We combine artificial intelligence with telemedicine to help support our doctors and patients, and improve the efficiency of physician consultations.
- We provide a full training program and a supportive environment to help improve your video consultation skills, including ongoing appraisals and peer reviews.
- There’s hardly any paperwork – you have a Clinical Operations team to handle most of the administrative aspects of your consult.
- You can combine some work from home with some work in our modern clinic in downtown Vancouver.
What do you need to apply?
- You need to be a registered Family Physician eligible to work in BC:
- Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC)
- Certificant of the College of Family Physicians (CCFP)
- Membership of the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Comfortable with mobile technology (video calling), or the ability and desire to learn!