Austin, Texas (US) – Platform Engineering
Permanent, Full time
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
What do we want?
At babylon, our infrastructure is the foundation for all products across the company. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to be part of the team designing, managing, and maintaining our infrastructure.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with our developers to help them design and scale their microservices. You will have the opportunity to work with many teams within babylon, from our core development team to our AI services such as Machine Learning, NLP, Data Science, Chatbot and many other teams.
We are developing new services and applications every week, which brings its fair share of challenges. We are now working on a new generation platform for deploying and running our dockerised microservices at scale with Kubernetes. We are looking for game-changing individuals who can take our Docker-based infrastructure to the next level.
- Work closely with teams from across the company to deliver world-class applications
- Help build our Kubernetes platform
- Implement Monitoring and Alerting solutions
- Continually review and maintain the security of our applications and systems
- Implement, maintain, and scale our ever growing continuous integration and delivery pipeline
- Work with developers and QA teams to optimise our deployment processes
- Participate in on-call rotation with other DevOps team members
- Define and evangelize DevOps best practices to improve reliability and performanceHelp to scale our services globally
- Automate everything!
- We want our engineers to keep learning every day. You will have the opportunity to explore and experiment new technologies, and share your experience with the other team members.
Who fits the role?
- Experience in deploying and managing distributed applications
- Good level in Python or equivalent languages
- Proficient in Linux
- Passionate in building tools and automation to improve the quality of the infrastructure
- Must be able to identify problems before they happen, dig deep for root causes, and implement solutions that prevent future occurrences
- A natural team player who enjoys working multiple development collaboratively with colleagues
- Focused on delivery with a passion for quality and innovation
What matters most?
- Good knowledge of Docker and its ecosystem
- Experience with deploying and maintaining highly available applications
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (particularly AWS)
- Scripting abilities in Python (or similar)
- Strong Linux capabilities
- CI/CD Experience (Jenkins or similar)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code and automation tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible/Chef, ...)
What’s nice to have?
- Kubernetes experience would be a big plus
- Monitoring solutions experience (ELK, NewRelic, …)
- Solid understanding of database technologies
- Experience with running Docker at scale and in production
- BS in Information Science/Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics