Family Physician (BC - Digital Healthcare)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Clinical Services – Clinicians - GPs
Permanent - Part time
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
You’ll have the opportunity to leverage emerging technologies and provide virtual consultations to patients from anywhere in the province – this means you can work from home, at times that suit you!
We anticipate being able to start new team members in June 2020
What makes us different?
- We offer a salaried hourly rate, no matter how many patients you see.
- We offer extended health benefits, or a health spending account, to all of our physicians – your health matters to us, as much as our patients’.
- We’re an established global service, with operations in the UK, US, Rwanda, Asia and the Middle East.
- We combine artificial intelligence with telemedicine to help support our doctors and patients, and improve the efficiency of physician consultations.
- We provide a full training program and a supportive environment to help improve your video consultation skills, including ongoing appraisals and peer reviews.
- There’s hardly any paperwork – you have a Clinical Operations team to handle all of the administrative aspects of your consult.
- You can work from home!
What do you need to apply?
- You need to be a registered Family Physician eligible to work in BC:
- Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC)
- Certificant of the College of Family Physicians (CCFP)
- Membership of the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Comfortable with mobile technology (video calling), or the ability and desire to learn!