Director of Finance
Commercial – Finance
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
We are looking for a controller to build, manage and run the financial control function in a high-growth, scaling business. The ideal candidate is deadline driven, collaborative, high-energy, and passionate about transforming healthcare.
- Be the face and the voice of finance to the business teams in the different locations
- Understand business needs and communicate effectively about finance processes
- Support any commercial discussions with financial input leading to deal closure
- Lead the preparation of month-end management accounts including both P&L and balance sheet and report back to Babylon HQ with meaningful analysis
- Collaborate with the payroll group to ensure that all deductions and payroll activities are compliant with payroll laws
- Coordinate the preparation of statutory accounts for all entities in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and the legislation of the states in which they operate
- Ensure compliance with all required tax submissions and payments
- Liaise with the external firms such as auditors & tax partners
- Act as a business partner to US teams, including commercial, engineering, people and legal
- The role will also involve being the primary liaison with the UK finance team to manage business case creation and approval for the US for any new investment
- Support the annual budgeting process, along with re-forecasting during each quarter in a quickly-scaling environment by partnering with the business
- Act as point person on monthly, quarterly and year-end financial activities.
- Hire and/or manage junior finance staff.
- CPA in good standing
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with in-house financial accounting, consolidations and reporting experience within a corporation
- High-growth company experience, including design and implementation of enterprise financial reporting and payment systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and attention to detail
- Highly resourceful self-learner, with the ability to operate effectively independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, management, external partners, and customers
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Proven time management skills and the ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to pitch in and assist with other projects and share responsibilities on an as needed basis
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Google suite of productivity applications
- Passionate about making healthcare more accessible and affordable
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- Eligible to work in the US without employer sponsorship
- Competitive compensation, including shares package
- Benefits include medical insurance, vision, dental coverage and PTO
- The chance to create a better healthcare experience for every person on Earth
- Opportunity to grow with our company, and expand into a broader role as you and the team sees fit