iOS Chapter Lead
UK - London (babylon HQ)
Technology – iOS
Permanent, Full time
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ’50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
We are close to 20 iOS engineers at Babylon. You'll be joining a smaller, cross-functional team (called a "squad") made up of Android, iOS, web and backend engineers. You'll get the chance to collaborate with designers, product managers and healthcare professionals, tackling complex, exciting problems on a daily basis. As an iOS Chapter Lead, you will be line-managing iOS engineers across multiple squads (that form what we call a "tribe"). You will be expected to contribute to the codebase on a daily basis and provide iOS technical leadership.
We're passionate about our codebase and are always looking for innovative ways to improve. All our new code is written in Swift and we use an MVVM architecture with ReactiveSwift and ReactiveFeedback to help us write high-quality, testable code.
You can find more about the iOS team, our recruitment process and our open source work in our playbook.
- Ensuring high-quality work is delivered by the engineers in the chapter
- Line management for up to 6 engineers. Mentoring, supporting and conducting regular 1:1s
- Individual contributor
- Contribute to planning and estimation in your squad
- Help establishing best practices and drive positive change
Key Skills Required
- 5+ years of software development experience designing and building best-in-class native mobile experiences
- Excellent knowledge of Swift
- Understanding of software engineering and project management techniques, including agile delivery and estimating
- Meaningful experience with an FRP framework (e.g. ReactiveSwift, RxSwift)
- The ability to make difficult decisions, and hold a high bar for the quality of the engineers who you lead
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Explaining technical issues in a clear way to business and other stakeholders