Digital Pharmacist - (Weekends, Work from Home).
London, England /
Clinical Services – Clinicians - Others /
Be a part of the first digital NHS practice in England.
We are looking for exceptional dynamic & innovative individuals to join the team as clinical pharmacists. This is a fast-paced environment where you have the opportunity to influence healthcare in the future and pave the way for our profession. You will work closely with GP’s, nurses and other healthcare professionals to care for both NHS and private patients. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is able to make independent clinical decisions, can work independently and has excellent problem solving abilities.
We are recruiting Prescribing pharmacists to provide digital (video + telephone) consultations to our NHS and Private patients in England. This position allows you to work from the comfort of your own home. We provide comprehensive onboarding training and support our pharmacists heavily in the first few months of joining so you can confidently work in a digital first healthcare setting.
As a minimum you must be able to undertake repeat prescription requests, medicines reconciliation, medication review and confidently prescribe in Asthma, Hypertension, Diabetes, Contraception, UTI and minor ailments OR willing to upskill in these areas through CPD before joining Babylon. This scope of practice is subject to change where CPD will be provided if you are expected to consult in a new area.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Consult with patients remotely via video and telephone.
- Medicines optimisation is a big part of consulting. During consultations we optimise treatment by adjusting doses, switching or stopping therapy if appropriate.
- Ensure QOF targets are met by appropriately coding relevant consultations on the relevant systems.
- Providing the outcome of complex patient queries to patients.
- Carry out clinical medication reviews and optimised therapy.
- Providing digital first care safely by ensuring any associated risks are managed.
- Keep up to date with any improvements in service by ensuring any communications are read and actioned promptly. This may include the requirement to upskill in certain therapeutic areas identified as higher risk.
- Sharing best practice and complex queries with colleagues to contribute to the open learning environment.
- Reflect on personal practice regularly by reviewing recordings and notes, identifying gaps and proactively learning.
- As new opportunities arise, you will be willing to engage in these and seek support to ensure you are adequately equipped.
- Ensure CCG prescribing incentives are met by regularly reviewing relevant communications and actioning whilst prescribing.
- Encourage prescribing from the relevant formulary wherever possible.
- Remain upskilled in relevant clinical areas.
- Support with new product features and be part of user research
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Must be able to confidently prescribe in Asthma, Hypertension, Depression and Contraception, Pain including migraine and headache and coughs, colds and sore throats.
- Must be able to work on weekends
- Independent prescriber
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Excellent communicator
- Creative and innovative
- Team player
- Loves technology, IT literate & able to use multiple systems
- Confident in clinical knowledge and able to make clinical decisions independently
- Ability to problem solve unique scenarios presented by patients
- Clinicians with a patient centred approach to health care
- Desire to improve personal and organisational clinical practice.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 33 days annual leave pro rated
- Full indemnity cover
- Participation in the Babylon Bonus
- 5% employer pension contribution for 5% employee contribution
- Life Insurance 4x annual base salary
- Free Babylon subscription for Babylon services
- Private Medical Insurance for you (and your family)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Eye care voucher reimbursement (up to £20)
- Participation in Babylon’s refer a friend scheme
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay.
- Health & Wellbeing resources
- Up to £80 towards noise cancelling headphones
- Free monthly CPD opportunities and Red Whale access
- MDT support available
WORKING AT BABYLON
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.