UK - London (babylon HQ)
Platform Engineering – Platform Engineering
Permanent, Full time
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
The DevSecOps Engineer will work closely with the platform and product teams to implement security controls that leverage secure methodologies across the DevOps lifecycle.
- Protect assets spanning across infrastructure, platform, CI/CD pipelines and applications
- Design and implement mechanisms that efficiently identify and mitigate security risks within the existing DevOps workstreams
- Enforce and govern the use of API security, container security and cloud security, while leveraging automation across the lifecycle
- Deploy and administer security monitoring tools for the SecOps team, and perform frequent risk assessments
- Respond to security incidents by conducting incident response activities involving containment to remediation and lessons learnt
- Work with the GRC team to ensure that necessary regulatory controls are implemented
- Instil and foster uptake of DevSecOps practices through meaningful engagement with the engineering teams
- Experience working with and securing cloud (AWS), distributed and highly available systems
- Security experience across the entire product stack: client applications (mobile, web), backend systems (microservices, data stores, message buses, etc.)
- Hardening of orchestrator and container technologies, i.e.: Kubernetes and Docker
- Solid experience with IDS/IPS/DLP tools and construction of customised signatures for complex microservices
- Strong grasp of infra-as-a-code and configuration tools, e.g.: Terraform, Ansible/Chef
- Delivered security by leveraging CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of security considerations around RESTful APIs
- Significant experience in managing and patching vulnerabilities across a host of assets
- Expert technical knowledge of secure engineering principles and standards
- Programming and scripting abilities across a range of languages
- Strong and clear communication skills, both verbal and written
- Health insurance is standard private health care, for you and your family – full Bupa membership.
- Free employee therapy for mental health issues #endthestigma
- Life Insurance
- 25 days per year annual holiday
- Fruits, Coffee, Tea and breakfast all are in office as well
- Free subscription to babylon for the whole family and childcare vouchers for parents
- Pension scheme
- Paternity or Maternity benefit which are in line with the statutory scheme
- Lots of opportunities to work on cross-team projects and represent babylon at events such as awards, trade shows and fairs.
- Table tennis and video game tournaments
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free in office yoga every week. Namaste!