Principal Software Engineer - Polyglot
UK - London (babylon HQ)
AI & Machine Learning – AI Software Engineering
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
We’re looking for an exceptional Principal Software Engineer (Polyglot):
You will be part of the Model Management Services (MMS) Tribe. We aim to provide an open platform that enables the efficient generation of all the medical and model data that is used to drive the customer-facing services, by our AI doctors, epidemiologists and data scientists.
· Define and build MMS as a platform;
· Liaise with our internal customers and stakeholders;
· Teach and mentor engineers on best practices;
· Contribute to team sessions.
- You are a well-rounded software engineer with experience in delivering simple systems to solve complex problems;
- You have experience in multiple programming paradigms, languages and frameworks;
- You build software with scalability, quality, security and performance in mind;
- You deliver software with adequate test automation coverage.
- Competitive salary package including share options scheme;
- Good Maternity Policy;
- Paternity & Adoption Policy;
- 25 days holiday;
- Flexible working environment;
- Free Babylon for you and your family;
- Private Health - family included;
- Life Insurance;
- Pension Scheme;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Gym in the office;
- Free healthy breakfast and snacks;
- Onsite table tennis and video game competitions;
- Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment;
- Hosts of meet-ups and speaking opportunities;
- Free weekly yoga or football sessions;
This job description is non-exhaustive and may vary due to the needs of the business.