Clinical AI Researcher - Laos
Clinical – AI Clinical
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Clinical researcher for Artificial Intelligence products, adapting UK features – symptom checker and health assessment - for Laotian market.
Potential for some members of team to become permanent after product development phase.
- Use clinical knowledge to input data into Babylon’s symptom checker model
- Advise on appropriate triage for patients using Laotian healthcare system
- Assist epidemiology team in sourcing accurate Laotian data on disease incidence, risk factor prevalence
- Adapt lifestyle and mental health assessment features to fit with Laotian guidelines, typical diet and exercise, and clinically validated mental health questionnaires
- Translate UK copy into English appropriate to Laotian population
- Write testing materials (i.e. clinical vignettes) for symptom checker and health assessment
- Assist with organising external testing of medical accuracy of products
- Assist permanent clinical Artificial Intelligence (AI) researchers in driving project delivery
- Liaise closely with UK clinical AI leads throughout to track progress, report problems and highlight uncertainties
- Use JIRA ticketing system for organising clinical AI work
- 3-5 years experience as medical doctor including work in triage setting (Emergency Department or General Practice)
- Excellent written and spoken English, Lao
- Good software skills
- Desirable: interest in AI, epidemiology or statistics
- Medical degree
- Laotian Medical Council registration
- Competitive salary package
- Training in AI product design
- Skills using JIRA and Content Management Systems
- An opportunity to make a tangible difference in the world