Digital Pharmacist (Work from home)
London HQ, England /
Clinical Services – Clinicians - Others /
Permanent - Part time
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Be a part of the first digital NHS practice in England.
We are looking for exceptional dynamic & innovative individuals to join the team as clinical pharmacists.
This is a fast-paced environment where you have the opportunity to influence healthcare in the future and
pave the way for our profession. You will work closely with GP’s, nurses and other healthcare
professionals to care for both NHS and private patients. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual
who is able to make independent clinical decisions, can work independently and has brilliant problem
We are recruiting Prescribing pharmacists to provide digital (video + telephone) consultations to our NHS patients in England. This position allows you to work from the comfort of your own home.
You strictly must be able to confidently prescribe in Asthma, Hypertension, Diabetes, Contraception, Pain including migraine and headache and coughs, colds and sore throats.
Our service is currently Monday to Sunday 8am-10pm
Your role is to:
- Consult with patients remotely via video and telephone.
- Areas of consultation will include, but are not limited to: Contraception, hypertension, asthma, depression and medicines reviews.
- Medicines optimisation is a big part of consulting. During consultations we optimise treatment by adjusting doses, switching or stopping therapy if appropriate.
- Ensure QOF targets are met by appropriately coding relevant consultations on the relevant systems. This will include review for RA & COPD as an example.
- Providing the outcome of complex patient queries to patients.
- Carry out clinical medication reviews and optimised therapy.
- Providing digital first care safely by ensuring any associated risks are managed.
- Keep up to date with any improvements in service by ensuring any communications are read and actioned promptly. This may include the requirement to upskill in certain therapeutic areas identified as higher risk.
- Sharing best practice and complex queries with colleagues to contribute to the open learning environment.
- Reflect on personal practice regularly by reviewing recordings and notes, identifying gaps and proactively learning.
- As new opportunities arise, you will be willing to engage in these and seek support to ensure you are adequately equipped.
- Assist with general medicines management duties which may include auditing, monitoring and reviewing prescribing and other associated areas.
- Ensure CCG prescribing incentives are met by regularly reviewing relevant communications and actioning whilst prescribing.
- Encourage prescribing from the relevant formulary wherever possible.
- Remain upskilled in relevant clinical areas.
Who will fit the role:
- Must be able to confidently prescribe in Asthma, Hypertension, Depression and Contraception, Pain including migraine and headache and coughs, colds and sore throats.
- Independent prescriber
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Excellent communicator
- Creative and innovative
- Team player
- Loves technology, IT literate & able to use multiple systems
- Confident in clinical knowledge and able to make clinical decisions independently
- Ability to problem solve unique scenarios presented by patients
- Clinicians with a patient centred approach to health care
- Desire to improve personal and organisational clinical practice.
- Competitive salary package including share scheme
- Professional indemnity paid
- Free babylon for you and your family
- A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
- Pension scheme
- BUPA health and life insurance
- CPD access to red whale GP update
- Flexible working hours
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Babylon, we have Power of Diversity groups (PODs) to drive positive engagements that create and foster a diverse and inclusive environment and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates.
Our mission is to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. Diversity and inclusion play a key role in helping us bring this mission to life and create a true sense of belonging for all.