Medical Assistant- Virtual Primary Care
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Permanent - Full time
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
We are seeking patient-focused back-end office Medical Assistants. As we launch our telehealth operations in the US, you will act as a critical, founding member of the Clinical Support team and will be responsible for delivering exceptional virtual support to our Members across the US.
As one of the first employees in the team, you will wear many hats and will have the opportunity to apply your medical and clinical knowledge to challenging projects as we scale our operations across the US.
If you have a clinical or medical background, are passionate about shaping the future of healthcare, and want to pivot into a dynamic, fast-moving start-up office environment, then we want to hear from you!
What You Will Do?
- Provide exceptional service via email, telephone, and live chat by assisting with registration, eligibility, scheduling, and technical issues
- Manage support processes, including but not limited to: updating patient profile information, pre-screening and taking patient histories, chasing results, prescription and lab followups
- Take ownership of any issues that come your way in order to provide our members a support experience that goes beyond their expectations
- Document and optimise operational processes in order to improve our service levels
- Escalate user feedback to appropriate point of contacts
- Assist in all areas that touch operations, including but not limited to: reporting, deep dives, content creation, and training.
- General administrative tasks (filing, faxing, record processing)
- Schedule will be Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Clinical Support team supports our members 24 hours/7 days a week.
What We Are Looking For?
- Avid ambassador that will promote Babylon’s values and missions as the company’s first point of contact to our members
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to engage people of all backgrounds
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability for the members who come to us for help
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities with focus on timely, efficient issue resolution
- Quick learner who is organised, consistent, reliable and with high attention to detail
- Proactive, assertive, enthusiastic, adaptable, and able to give and receive constructive feedback in order to foster a member-first culture of ownership and initiative
- Able to follow all HIPAA rules by maintaining confidentiality and security of sensitive information
- 1 year of experience in a patient care setting or possession of active medical assistant certificate
- Computer proficient (simultaneous use of multiple tools and platforms)
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and adapt to change in accordance with business priorities
- Interest in healthcare and technology
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Athena EHR experience
- Competitive compensation, including shares package
- 401k' with employer matching contribution
- Free babylon for you and your family
- Benefits include medical insurance, vision, dental coverage and PTO
- Dog-friendly office and a casual dress code
- Incredible growth opportunities with a global healthtech startup with a meaningful mission