Software Engineer - Java
UK - London (babylon HQ)
AI & Machine Learning – AI Health Management
Permanent, Full time
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
What will you be doing?
We’re looking for an exceptional Software Engineer - Java
You will be part of Hindsight, an autonomous cross-functional product squad within the Clinical Knowledge tribe. We are building a platform to make it easy for our clinicians to give feedback on the interactions between our AI models and patients. We work closely with doctors, AI researchers and data scientists to close the loop between the collection of relevant clinical feedback and improvement of our models for future releases.
Every engineer in our team is considered to be a full-stack engineer. You may have more experience in, or have a primary focus on backend or frontend, but you are interested in developing your skills for both.
We look forward to hearing from you. A few quick notes on basic requirements to consider before you apply.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development work towards Hindsight products in both frontend and backend
- Participating in discovery tasks to identify, evaluate and de-risk promising lines of work
- Contributing to team sessions (knowledge sharing, retros, lots of brainstorming!)
- You have either strong backend (Java, OOP, relational databases) or frontend (React, HTML, CSS, etc) skills willingness to learn the other
- You take pride in the quality of your work and value unit, integration and end to end tests
- You make sure that every decision is data-driven and documented
- You understand continuous integration
- Plus points for familiarity with Spring Boot
Qualifications and Experience
- BA and/or MSc Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Competitive salary package including share scheme
- Free Babylon for you and your family
- One of the nicest offices you’ll ever see, located in the heart of Chelsea
- Free healthy breakfast, and snacks
- On site table tennis and video game competitions
- Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment
- A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
- Free weekly yoga or football sessions
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- BUPA health and life insurance