Family Nurse Practitioner (Head Office)
Canada – Nurse Practitioners
Permanent, Part time
Babylon has arrived.
Our mission is simple: to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. We’re at the forefront of making two worlds converge – technology and healthcare.
Imagine being able to access healthcare, at no cost, within minutes, from an app on your phone.
Well, now you don’t have to imagine...
Babylon, a digital healthcare and AI company based in the UK, has partnered with TELUS to bring Canadians “Babylon by TELUS Health” – a service that is covered by MSP and allows British Columbians to access a family doctor and allied health services using their smartphone.
Residents can access primary care from a BC-licensed family physician 7 days a week by downloading the free app on iOS or Android.
What does it mean to be Babylonian?
We hire only the best.
Physicians, nurses, creatives, strategists, and only the most passionate individuals keep the Babylon mission growing around the world.
We won’t stop until everyone – everywhere – has access to healthcare.
Right now, at least half the world’s population doesn't.
We’re going to change that.
Babylon is hiring a part-time Family Nurse Practitioner!
As Babylon Canada’s first Family Nurse Practitioner, you'll have the opportunity to leverage your background in family/primary care and help us shape the future of healthcare across Canada.
Our nurse-practitioner will work at our newly-completed head office downtown (TELUS Garden) alongside our in-office physicians, and operations team, to support and enhance primary care provided by remote physicians.
Time: 20 to 24 hours / week to start with the potential to increase over time.
Start date: August/TBD
- You’ll get to leverage emerging technologies and join a global healthcare team that is redefining the standards for healthcare in Canada.
- As a key member of the clinical team, this role will help us build and enhance existing systems to ensure that the needs of patients with complex medical and psychosocial needs are met.
- You’ll get to partner with our Associate Medical Director (Quality & Governance) and be a part of setting a new standard of clinical care that will improve the outcomes of patients. This includes bringing the lens of an experienced Nurse Practitioner to clinical quality and governance projects. You’ll be involved in reviewing laboratory and imaging results and work with the clinical team to follow up with patients.
- Leveraging your background as a Family Nurse Practitioner, you’ll leverage your advanced knowledge and skills to improve access to primary care by responding to patient requests for medical information.
What we're looking for:
- Registered with the BCCNP with a background in family/primary care
- Registrant Type and Class: Current - Practising NP
- Experience with providing complex care to patients and managing chronic diseases
- Comfortable with technology or the ability and desire to learn!
What we offer:
- We offer a competitive base-salary, share options and MSP
- 4 weeks' vacation (pro-rated for part-time)
- Extended health benefits from day one (medical, dental, vision, etc).
- The opportunity to be a part of creating an accessible and affordable healthcare service for all Canadians!