Back is a SaaS company working on a new, innovative product to empower business services teams. Our mission is to make teams dramatically more productive using Back. The company is venture-backed and led by serial entrepreneurs Christian Eggert, James Lafa and Janis Zech.
We are looking for a Product Designer to help create our future of empowering shared service teams. As our first designer, you will lead our design efforts, with a focus on UX and UI design. We search for someone who thinks deeply, speaks clearly, and loves collaboration and feedback.
This position is based in our new and growing HQ office in Berlin.
What you're looking for
- Lead our design efforts to create a new kind of consumerized SaaS application. You’re actively involved in shaping the product strategy and defining our design foundation.
- Solve problems, map user flows, prototype interactions, create wireframes or mockups, and design the interface for a new SaaS platform, iterating from rough ideas to production-ready designs.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to provide the right design resources and ensure a high-quality design implementation and user experience.
- Constantly push your limits and search for opportunities to become better and build a greater product.
What we’re looking for
- You have an outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in UX and UI design, and ideation.
- While your sweet spot is interaction design, you are a versatile master of your trait, enjoying everything from user research to designing the UX to thinking about the brand, and love expanding your skill set.
- A strong understanding of what makes an experience good or bad, applying it throughout the process, from finding solutions to problems, to mocking them up and working with engineers to build them.
- You have a highly refined aesthetic sense for visual design and are fluent with modern design tools like Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Framer, you-name-it to work both within and expand our UI and the Back brand.
- A good understanding of the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and sense how to communicate your ideas to our engineers.
- You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops. You want to take over responsibility in a fast-paced, fast-growing company.
- You have the opportunity to design a new kind of product from scratch.
- Challenge yourself in a fast-growing and high-demanding environment.
- Get the opportunity to use your energy and skills to build a better workplace for the future.
- You will be encouraged and given the space to create a strong design culture within a product and technology driven company.
How to apply:
Please send us your portfolio (hint: show us how you work, include wireframes and sketches if possible) and a short friendly note. No cover letter needed. If you like please include also links to your Website/Insta/Twitter to help us to get a sense of you as a person.