We’re Back, based in Berlin, and we’re building a new category of automation-first software to help teams like HR, IT, and Finance solve employee requests seamlessly. Our mission is to save every employee from wasting hours on repeating questions and tasks, that are holding them back from working on what really matters.
Since our launch, we’ve worked with some of the best people-centric teams in the world, won the HR innovation award 2020, and were named one of the 10 exceptionally promising German startups to watch in 2021.
To help us grow, we are looking for an experienced People leader to join our leadership team at Back. Your work will be focused on defining how our organization operates and develops. Additionally, you’ll support our Talent Acquisition efforts on a strategic level. Since we're an early stage company, we're open to fractional and part-time candidates with the option to grow into a full-time role.
You can either work in our HQ in Berlin or fully remote, with occasional travel to Berlin.
What you’ll be doing
- Set the strategic direction of our People function in alignment with our company vision
- Work with the founders and leadership team on building our organizational operating system
- Initiate the implementation of new systems, policies and processes
- Engage actively with the wider HR community
- Actively contribute to our product vision helping People teams to scale employee experience
Who we’re looking for
- You have a track-record of building People programs, ideally in a leadership role
- Strong focus and interest in organizational development, people operations and culture
- Preferably worked in a tech-driven, highly automated environment
- You have a deep passion for making HR an integral and strategic team and you are vocal about it
You’ll love Back if
- You're humble but extremely ambitious and love ownership
- Thrive in a quality-driven but fast-paced environment
- Want to have an impact on millions of employee's lives in the workplace
- Want to work with experienced peers that have built world-class companies and products before
Curious? We’ve collected more information on benefits, your colleagues and working at Back at https://www.notion.so/Working-at-Back-f23a617a97a24b83a6e85e826f475615
How to apply: Please send us a summary of your previous work experience as well as a short friendly note on why Back is exciting to you. No formal cover letter needed. If you don’t mind please also include links to your website/blog/Twitter to help us to get a sense of you as a person.