Back is a Berlin-based software startup building an automation platform to simplify repetitive questions and workflows in the workplace. Our mission is to enable companies to focus on what they do best.
You will join our experienced engineering team to develop our platform and architecture. We like to solve complex problems with elegant and robust solutions. If you are excited about building highly scalable solutions built on a modern stack using best practices then this role is perfect for you.
This position is based in our growing HQ office in Berlin.
🔨 What you will do
- You will build integrations to synchronise external systems using modern APIs.
- You will build APIs that the frontend developers will love and our customers will rely on.
- You will implement high quality and well-tested code that you are not afraid to push on production.
- You will deploy your code on a 100% cloud infrastructure.
- You will be curious and excited to learn new technologies required to build our product.
👩🔬 Who are we looking for
- You are only satisfied after developing the best software you could possibly have come up with.
- You write code that you are proud of and that your mother could understand.
- You think that code should never be pushed on production without automated tests and you will never compromise on this.
- You care about the details and are constantly willing to learn and improve your knowledge and skills.
- You enjoy working closely with product and design teams.
- You like to work in a team and challenge your choices with your peers.
🚀 Why Back
- You’ll join a company that believes in a strong engineering culture. We use modern technologies, best practices, within a team of smart people who want to change the way people work.
- You’ll have the opportunity to build great infrastructure. You can be as creative as you want as long as it creates a better product.
- You’ll get the chance to work with exciting technologies: distributed architecture, machine learning, and natural language processing.
- You'll work on a modern and robust stack: Go, gRPC, Protobuf, GraphQL, Typescript and React.
- You will team up with the founders to create a great product with your signature on it.
- We love open-source and will support you in the process of contributing to libraries we use or open-sourcing some of our work.
- You’ll join a company at an early stage and you will receive an attractive package containing salary and shares.
- You'll join an amazing team. Want to know who could be your future colleagues? Have a look here.
Learn more about our engineering culture, our values for hiring, and how we work: http://bit.ly/working-at-Back
How to apply?
Apply for this job by adding your Github, LinkedIn profiles, some screenshots and/or video of an application you built or your portfolio link to and/or zip file of some code you wrote and which you enjoyed to build.