Software Engineer - Frontend
Engineering - Software /
Backbone is looking for a skilled frontend engineer. A frontend engineer is responsible for building features, pages, and new experiences on Playbackbone.com. You will work with other members of the backend team, Data Science, Product, Design, Marketing, and many others to turn ideas into reality. You will be critical to delivering on initiatives that will provide the best experience to users who want to get the best mobile game controller on the market.
You will get to help influence the product roadmap for the web and ecommerce initiatives. Use modern technologies and help drive the technical roadmap to ensure Backbone has an awesome codebase. Enjoy your job from anywhere as the team is fully remote or join people at one of our offices in Portland, Seattle, and San Francisco.
- Develop, architect, and ship new features, pages, improvements to our websites
- Build elegant and maintainable code, writing automated tests to enable us to move fast and deliver quality
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by implementing best practices, performing code reviews, and establishing automated testing frameworks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate business requirements into technical specifications and ensure seamless integration of AI algorithms and data analytics into the platform.
- Research new technologies and tooling to help improve our web and ecommerce stack
- 5+ years of experience in software development, with a strong emphasis on development of large-scale and responsive Web applications.
- Significant experience with TypeScript, frontend frameworks (eg React, Vue)
- Experience with testing methods and technology for visual regression, accessibility, and unit tests
- Experience working with headless CMS and other ecommerce platforms such as Shopify
- Experience with SEO, AB testing, telemetry, and delivery of functional features to support exceptional user facing experiences.
- Strong computer science and software engineering fundamentals
- Understanding of modern web paradigms and associated strengths and weaknesses
- Experience with modern software development practices, version control systems, and agile methodologies
- Excellent attention to detail and an eye for visuals. Design skills are not required but you should be able to critique and modify existing designs
- You have shipped multiple products with various ecommerce platforms globally
$134,000 - $150,000 a year