Backbone is looking for a skilled Lifecycle Marketer to help lead efforts around driving Backbone+ and device engagement through various marketing strategies. Unlike typical lifecycle marketing roles, this role is unique in its scope and requires a cross-functional skillset. The ideal candidate would be able to:
What you’ll be doing
- Create, manage and optimize communication that aims to drive engagement for Backbone players
- Leverage channels including email, in-app, push notifications, and text messaging to reach players where they are with (i) game content and feature updates on the Backbone platform, (ii) information about Backbone+ and partner subscriptions (iii) help with the end-to-end set up experience from delivery status to unboxing, and much more.
- Write succinct copy with the brand voice and work with designers to help create compelling app content and emails for lifecycle marketing.
- Backbone partners with numerous companies to help them acquire customers for the game subscription services and also create awesome experiences for its players. Ability to manage multiple work streams including partner engagement data is key.
What you should have
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Required: 3+ years of email marketing, in-app, and mobile push, and/or text experience
- Experience working with email platforms such as SendGrid and Klaviyo
- Experience building emails and adjusting them and as needed
- The ideal candidate is highly curious and constantly reading and learning about industry best practices around subscription engagement, retention strategy, and more.
- Analytical mindset and unparalleled attention to detail
- Ability to work remotely (Pacific Time hours preferred)
- Bonus: Ability to design or tweak designs to emails following branding guidelines and templates from designers
- Bonus: Experience writing SQL queries and building dashboards as well as basic automations with low-code tools
- Bonus: Experience working on app subscriptions is a plus (e.g., Calm, Headspace, Duolingo, etc.)
- Bonus: Experience with complex ecosystems. E.g., a connected device + subscription + app (Tonal, Peloton, Roku, Tempo, etc.)
- Bonus: Interest in gaming or entertainment