Director of Engineering
San Francisco, CA
BackerKit enables thousands of creators worldwide to focus on doing what they love. Our software is the premier platform for backer management, empowering project creators to manage their creative endeavors with confidence.
We’re a fast-growing startup with a diverse, close-knit team that prizes creativity, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn. Learn more about our engineering values here.
If you're interested in working with a great team and amazing customers to constantly improve the way creators interact with their fans, we’d love to chat about how you can help us build, scale, and improve our market-leading platform.
The impact you will have
- You will grow our team and product to help build something our thousands of customers and millions of users love and use every day.
- Build, manage and motivate a high-performance engineering team as a player/coach.
- Work directly with BackerKit's founders to define our engineering culture and vision.
- You will work to level up other members of the team as well as working to complete feature work and codebase improvements.
- Constantly improve our team practices and effectiveness.
- Take ownership of the whole platform development to meet the needs of the business
- You will help recruit, hire, and retain top tier talent.
Skills and experience you possess
- You’ve spent a decent amount of time (4-5+ years) working on a fairly large Rails application.
- You are great at communicating. You can easily verbalize problems and ideas with the team, are excited about leveling up the people around you, and enjoy sharing success with your coworkers.
- You have experience managing technical people.
- You love to pair program, and want to code every day.
- You're passionate about helping creators do more than they ever thought possible.
Benefits of working at BackerKit
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- Stipends for supporting creators of your choosing
- Medical, dental, vision, commuter, and 401k benefits
- Family-friendly and focused on maintaining a healthy work/life balance
- Free lunches twice a week, team dinners once a month
- Awesome work environment at a company with a huge vision
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.