Lead Data Scientist
BUREAU OF TECHNOLOGY – DATA /
LONG TERM CONTRACT (CDI)
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up very morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : our Bureau Of Technology.
As part of the Bureau of Technology, your mission will be to design, develop and improve data driven solutions that will play a key role in developing BackMarket’s business and vision.
You will be joining the Algorithms team whose mission is to find the best value for money products for our customers from the catalogs of our thousands of refurbisher partners.
You will be responsible for :
- Finding actionable insights on how the product surfacing algorithm can be improved.
- Collaborating with our data engineering team to build scalable data pipelines.
- Building Machine Learning models to surface better products on our marketplace
- Designing and implementing solutions for bringing algorithm transparency to our partners
- Deploying those solutions to production and monitoring their impact with A/B testing
- Writing papers and patents to document this ground breaking work
You’re perfect for this role if :
- You have a strong experience (8/10 years) in scale-ups companies
- You are able to understand business problems at a macro level, build pragmatic solutions, and understand their impact
- You master Python or another programming language
- You care about code clarity, performance and scalability
- You have experience with SQL and other types of data stores
- You understand the lifecycle of data driven products and problematics around data quality
- You can explain complex problems and technologies in a simple way to non-technical people
- You have experience building machine learning solutions to practical business problems
Recruitment process :
- Call with HR
- Technical test & interviews with the Data and tech team
- Interview with our VP of engineering, Sylvain
- Interview with our founders, Quentin (CTO) and Thibaud (CEO)
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day : you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.