Head of Logistics
LOGISTICS, BUYBACK – LOGISTICS /
LONG TERM CONTRACT (CDI)
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up very morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : our Bureau Of Technology.
Back Market, already present in the US and the EU (UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Austria and Belgium), is the leader in the refurbished electronics and appliances market segment.
With an $80bn market segment size and growing fast, the refurbished electronics and appliances market segments represent a huge growth opportunity for Back Market. And we’re only getting started as there are still 8 times more products sold as new than refurbished today.
In 2020 Back Market launched 3 new EU countries with plans to launch more in 2020 and 2021.
Back Market offers transportation and fulfillment services to our global merchant base in order to deliver products quickly to our customers.
With our goal to give no reason to customers to buy new products, we need to provide an ever better (faster, more reliable, greener) delivery experience to our customers.
To help our worldwide base of merchants sell to all our customers, we need to constantly innovate and improve or build new logistics services for them.
To run all the delivery methods globally, run our existing Logistics Services (transportation, fulfillment), and build them into a world-class Logistics offer, we are looking for a bold and experienced Head of Logistics.
Within the Operations team, reporting to the Head of Logistics and Buy Back, you will be in charge of running Logistics for Back Market globally, based in France but covering all countries where we operate.
You have a track record of building and operating global world-class forward and reverse logistics services.
You have run fulfillment operations.
You have experience managing first to last mile transportation, and working with large enterprise to individual customers.
The role is based in Paris or Bordeaux.
YOUR MISSIONS IF YOU ACCEPT IT:
- Run the worldwide delivery methods and their performance;
- Prioritize and launch the best delivery methods globally;
- Run and improve the existing;
- Transportation and Fulfillment merchant services, delivering on merchant adoption, service performance and monetization;
- Identify merchants’ logistics pain points, and prioritize and build new Logistics services for merchants in partnership with the Product, Technical and Operations teams to build a differentiated world-class suite of Logistics Services;
- Own and deliver the top and bottom line P&L for Logistics Services;
YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE IF:
- Top engineering school in your country
- 10 years’ experience in supply chain and logistics
- Track-record of launching new services for customers and merchants with end to end ownership
- Operational experience in warehouses
- Strong analytical skills
- Phone interview with Alison, our Talent Acquisition Specialist
- 1 hour interview with Philippine, our Head of Logistics and Buy Back
- 30-minutes interview with Nicolas, our Director of Quality and Serge, our US GM
- 30-minutes interview with Raoul, our COO and Thibaud, our CEO
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), remote friendly, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day : you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.