Senior UX Copywriter
BUREAU OF TECHNOLOGY – PRODUCT /
LONG TERM CONTRACT (CDI)
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up very morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : our Bureau Of Technology.
About the job :
As our very first UX copywriter, your mission will be to establish the UX copywriting function at Backmarket to shape and iterate on our tone of voice to constantly improve joy of use and business metrics.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary Product Design team whose mission is to deliver a best in class experience for our customers and merchants.
You will be responsible for :
- Defining and delivering a radical transparency in how we talk to our users
- Finding, prioritising, and delivering compelling copy improvements across our digital experience
- Bringing robust methods and processes to ensure our tone of voice matches the expectations of our audience
- Collaborating with your peers to deliver against interesting topics like personalisation, trust-building, and other features that nudge our audience towards a more sustainable and circular economy
- Contributing to growing design maturity in the organisation
- Understanding and evangelising a customer-first mentality
You're perfect for this role if :
- You are highly experienced as a UX copywriter at a mid to large organisations
- You work effortlessly in English (if you have additional fluency in German, Italian, Spanish or Japanese that would a bonus)
- You drive topics proactively and have experience in juggling multiple workstreams
- You are diligent and organised, can demonstrate a strong attention to detail and articulation in your decisions
- You have a good understanding of design processes and how to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- You have a collaborative attitude, an inquisitive mind, and you bring positivity to the team
- You know how to succeed in kicking off and evangelising UX copywriting as a new function
Recruitment process :
- Call with HR
- Interview with Ray, our Head of Design
- Live Design challenge with Design team
- Interviews with the rest of the team
- Interview with our CEO and cofounder, Thibaud
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day : you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.