BUREAU OF TECHNOLOGY – MANAGEMENT /
LONG TERM CONTRACT (CDI)
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up very morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : our Bureau Of Technology.
BackMarket is looking for engineering leaders who will help drive our development team. The core competencies of this role include mentoring and coaching of people, cultivating a collaborative team, leading delivery, production operations, and continuous improvement.
What you'll be doing :
- Leading a collaborative team in delivering great software that our customers will love!
- Collaborating with the product group and other tribes to align the team with company objectives and initiatives across engineering and the wider business
- Ensuring the development of people and teams through ongoing coaching and mentoring
- Creating an inclusive team environment, where team members feel like they belong and are supported do their best work
- Establishing open communication and a culture of feedback between team members
- Working in an agile "build it and run it" environment where engineering teams build, launch, monitor and support the sections they own
- Working with the team to identify and make improvements in our processes, practices and product
- Supporting teams in increasing the delivery proficiency by creating a learning environment.
What you'll bring to the team
- Experience and passion for growing, developing and guiding people
- Openness to receiving and giving feedback in a safe workplace
- Interest in working in an environment where leaders support their teams to do great work, through removing impediments, finding improvements, and facilitating effective decision making
- Enthusiasm about reaching new levels of effectiveness (and quality!)
- A background as an individual contributor and willingness to help when the team needs it
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excitement for learning about how our industry works and the impact we bring to our customers and the world
- Experience working in agile development teams with some knowledge of our following tech stack : AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, RestFul API, Python, Django, VueJs, Nuxt, Algolia, Datadog, Spinnaker, SQS, ElasticSearch, Nginx, UWSGI.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day : you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.